Tuesday 18 September 2018

Schezwan noodles and mushroom soup

I love to create new dishes from vegetables. My kids are fond of Italian and chienese cuisine. The advantage here for me is I can add vegetables and without any fuss both will polish the plates.  Going for shopping is one thing I love to do in the afternoons. I usually bring fresh vegetables and create dishes from scratch. Today I thought of making chienese noodles and started picking vegetables one by one, as I was going through the shelves I stumbled upon fresh button mushrooms.  Which is a favourite vegetable to me and kids. Then the plan for their evening meals is set. A soup and noodles.

I started washing, peeling and chopping veggies. Much to my satisfaction, cutting through the zucchini, carrots and halved mushrooms. The dishes started taking shape.

I had soaked lobia thinking I can use it in their soup. Noodles started getting ready, in a large bowl I"ve added water, once it started boiling the veg hakka noodles were immersed! 3 minutes, I removed them in a colander, drained all water.

It was chopping vegetables for soup, noodles, 2 inches long for noodles and cubes for soup. Voila!! I finished the most important part of cooking.

Ingredients for schezwan noodles

Veg hakka noodles 1 pkt, boiled and drained, spread it in a large plate.

Vegetables cut into thin 2 inches long

Carrot - 2
Zucchini 1/2 piece
Capsicum 2
Onion 1
Garlic a few pods

Cut all vegetables into 2inch long thin slices.

Coriander chopped a few
Chienese five spices 1/2 tsp
Schezwan sauce 2 tsp
Vinegar 2tsp
Soy sauce 2tsp
Gingly oil 2 tbsp

In a heated pan pour gingly oil add chopped onions, garlic saute for a while, then add rest of the vegetables. Once vegetables are half cooked start adding spices, salt, schezwan sauce, vinegar, soy and saute for a while, then add cooked noodles, finally garnish with coriander leaves (optional) serve.

Mushroom soup

Ingredients

Button mushrooms 10
Broccoli 1/2 piece
Garlic a few pods
Onion 1
Tomato a few
Zucchini 1/2
Carrot 2
Pear a small slice
Lobia 1/2 cup soaked
Salt as required

Herbs
Oregano, crushed pepper, basil, rosemary 1/2 tsp each

Method of preparation

Chop all vegetables into small cubes. Smash garlic.

In pressure pan pour olive oil add garlic, onion and rest of the vegetables, soaked lobia, saute for 2 minutes, add herbs, salt, pepper and toss. Add 4 to 5 cups of water. Close lid cook for 1 whistle. Remove and add chopped parsley and little grated cheese. Serve with toasted bread. Its low calorie and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment