Monday 24 September 2018

Grilled cheese sandwich

Making your brats eat something wholesome in the morning for breakfast is a task. Yes, I know you nod your head, and smiled!

Well, here a version of grilled sandwich I made for my kids.

Ingredients

Whole wheat bread slice 4
Cheese slices (I use go cheese) - 2
Green bell peppers a few thinly sliced pieces
Shallots (baby onions) - 2 peeled and sliced
Crushed pepper 1/4 tsp
Chilly flakes and oregano 1/2 tsp each
Salted butter a few small cubes, precisely 2 to 4

*keep everything ready before you switch on grill. Its pretty quick and can burn bread if care is not taken. I love the golden crust on top of bread.

Method of preparation

In a small pan pour a little olive oil fry onion, crushed pepper, salt and bell peppers for 2 minutes. Off stove. keep aside.

Switch on the grill place a tiny butter cube, put one bread slice, place cheese slice, top it with sautéed vegetables. Repeat same in the other side. Thus we can make two sandwiches at the same time. If you want bit spicy add oregano and chilli flakes. I love the aroma so do my kidoos. Close with another bread slice, place a tiny cube of butter. Close lid, wait for the light to be green. Open the grill and the bread should resemble golden crusty grilled (thin marks on top due to heat emitted from grill) Slowly remove the sandwich, cut into triangles if you like serve with juice and fried egg.

I would recommend this for breakfast or as after school snack. It taste fresh, crunchy when served warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment