Sunday 17 February 2019

Carrot cake


The Delhi carrots I bought were made into salad, subzi and finally cake.

I did few additions and tried the new recipe.

I have added quite a few ingredients dear to me to add zing to the carrot cake. 

Reduced sugar as I prefer very less sugar in my cakes. Plus the granulated sugar we use is highly sweetened.


Carrot Cake

Ingredients

200 gram maida(sieved)

1/4 tsp rock salt

150 grams sugar granules, powdered

6 brown eggs

1 two baking soda

150 grams unsalted butter

50 grams grated carrots (red variety)

50 grams (A large piece of grated ginger)

20 grams Coco powder

10 grams nutmeg powder

10 grams cinnamon powder

20 grams coffee powder (I used instant)
1/4 tsp garam masala

Garnish

10 grams each of walnuts,cashew nuts and almonds roughly chopped



Tips

Keep all ingredients handy, I grated carrots and kept them ready, then started measuring each ingredient.

Note any ingredients you used, so that it's helpful next time. As I did record a few changes in the original recipe.

Method

* Preheat oven to 180 C.

* Grease the baking tin by applying butter and dust with maida.


* Beat the eggs separately, till fluffy. Keep aside.

* Mix in butter and powder sugar. I used cake beater. Once it's mixed together added eggs, and then gradually added sieved flour.

*While doing so I used a flat spatula to scrap the sides. As they were sticking. Finally added all spices, coffee powder and baking soda.

* Once it become fluffy added grated carrots and orange juice. Mixed them also. I folded them into the batter. Poured into baking tin.

*Garnish with chopped almonds, walnuts and cashews. 

*Bake for about 50 minutes  in 180 C preheated oven.

*Once it reaches room temperature remove from baking tin, place it on a serving tray, spread the icing sugar and use different nozzles to design.

*I don't use icing sugar. I prefer plain baked cakes without icing.





















1 comment: