Monday 4 November 2019

Masala chai

I don't know when and how I started loving tea, it was a slow friendship but I know its a strong bond.

I like it with milk, without milk, flavoured, after I started enjoying my cuppa tea I realised there are many interesting recipes world over in brewing tea.

Once I heard a story, it's chinese folklore that tea was invented by just boiling its leaves on large pots, but soon became a popular drink as it elevated the person who drank it.

Then there is irani tea, I know a shop where they sell exclusive irani chai, even the name of the shop is so!

As my desire grew to explore more flavours of humble tea, I came across kashmiri khawa, then our own malabar sulaimani chai.

My love affair with tea is not ending there, I have tasted silver leaves tea in Sri Lanka, green tea at Munnar,  hibiscus tea, black berry, cardamom, clove, ginger, aracanut, peppermint, mint, moringa, mulethi and lemon, blackcurrant, apple and cranberry, chamomile, blueberry and honey, oolong tea....

Don't you feel like having a cup of freshly brewed tea right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment