Wednesday 27 March 2019

Masala dosa at MTR -Review




Living in Bangalore for the past 15 years and somehow I have always missed my hometown. The proximity to temples and the ordinary simple folks who smile and greet you with love is one striking difference I have noticed. Here you know a lot of your neighbours but the warmth you get in your hometown is very different.
Having lived abroad for many years I have learnt to let it go. A formula which push me to go further.

Home is were parents are, you always will remain their shadow. 

Ah, nostalgia!

Writing about your dining experience is not an easy task. Sometimes you have bad experience and if you are lucky you may end up enjoying a good meal. Inspite of doing a lot of planning last minute change of place and getting served the best food. I think we must thank our stars! 


Yesterday we have made plans to have lunch at Vidhyarthi Bhavan. But around 11 I glanced upon the timings and realised these guys close by 11.30 and reopen after 2! 

So last minute plan change.

Then after a quick discussion we ended up in MTR, JP Nagar. The ambiance is good, being close to a park, it was somewhat cool. With high sealings and long lights and fans. A model which can be seen in old palaces.

 MTR, Bangalore is a food joint famous for its delicious dosas and idlies. 

Here is a crisp review of a good meal we had on a hot summer afternoon.

 Well Ravi is very particular about certain things. Like he dislike to drive all the way and then wait, something we both avoid.
 

We ordered plain, masala dosa. Which was served in a few minutes. A tiny cup of hot ghee was placed on top of the dosa. 

I was already feeling the ghee in dosa as I am sure the dosa  looked, tasted, crispy and crunchy. 

Ravi poured ghee and enjoyed his dosa while I kept the ghee away. The green chutney and sambar was different than what we make at home. The sambar was sweet.




I slowly started eating, pulled out masala from that triangular dosa and dipped it in a little sambar and chutney.  I gently passed sambar and chutney to Ravi. As I love to eat dosa with stuffing.

Finally asked for a couple of napkins to wipe off ghee!

Then we had a bowl of bisibele bath. It was good. Hot and tangy, sweet.

We ordered curd vada which was really soft and good. I packed one for Aru.

Then Ravi had kesari bath, I think they were bit more sweet. But Ravi liked it. I had a spoonful. Looking at the generous amount of ghee itself made me full.

We didn't wait for the lift, the joint is on top of the building.5th floor. We walked down the stairs and drove back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment