Tuesday 23 April 2019

Coffee sponge cake


Coffee flavour is something I love in my cakes, freshly home baked cake in that age old small oven is something I really look forward on a summer afternoon.





Here is the recipe for coffee cake I baked this afternoon.

Ingredients

150g cooking butter, softened

150gram powder sugar/caster sugar

1/4 tsp  vanilla essence

150gram maida seived

1 1/2 tsp  instant coffee powder

3 eggs, beaten, separate egg whites and yolks

2 tablespoons warm water

Method

*Preheat the oven to 180 C, and grease tins.

* Beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. I used a flat spatula.

 *Add vanilla essence and mix in.

* Sieve maida and coffee powder.

* Now add the butter mixture carefully with the beaten eggs, folding between. 

*  Add 2 teaspoons of warm water, and stir.

*Pour in to the greased baking tin. 

*Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or use a wooden skewer, do cake test.

*Once the cake has reached normal temperature you can ice it.

* I don't do icing for my cakes. Love it fresh moist and soft with a cup of tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment