Wednesday 19 March 2014

Today's vegetable Brinjal - Brinjal curry

Good morning to all my readers. I am happy that so many of you are enjoying the simple recipes that I share with you. Did you try them? Do you have any variation of the recipes that I share with you. Would love to hear from all of you. 

Today I want to hear from you! Okay let us share our own recipes for the most delicious vegetable egg plant. Yummy! 


Its Q & A time. Let me see how many new recipes my friends


will share with me. Today's vegetable. Brinjal or kathrikay or

 baigan what do you call this in your language? Please share 

the name of the curry you can think of making with this 

delicious vegetable. — feeling excited.




Hello, 

I am happy few of my fb friends have come up with some very yummy recipes made out of today"s star Brinjal!! Let me share one simple recipe which I like making.

Brinjal curry

Ingredients

Brinjal - 4 
Turmeric powder - a pinch
salt as required
red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp

For frying

Sunflower oil - 2 tbsp
mustard - 1 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
red chilly - 1 broken
hing powder - 1/4 tsp



Method of Preparation

Wash and trim brinjal. Slit into thin  2 inch long slices. In a heated pan pour oil add mustard seeds allow it to splutter add urad dal broken red chilly and hing powder. Now add cut slices of brinjal. Sauté for a while now add turmeric powder and salt. Allow the brinjal to cook in high flame stir occasionally.  Once cooked sprinkle 1/2 tsp red chilly powder and serve hot.




No comments:

Post a Comment