Friday 21 March 2014

Sabudana Khichdi and sabudana vada

 A lovely Saturday morning. I was wondering today morning before going for walk what to make for breakfast? Usually I keep idli/dosa or adai batter but more than two times no one would love to eat! So rest of the week days I have to come up with some interesting breakfast as my husband enjoy good food and he is my inspiration and motivation for trying yummy recipes. Yes he is my big critic too! 

Sabudana Upma/khichdi Yes I thought even kids love it. But this dish require little preparation. So I cut potato and kept for pressure cooking.    Peanuts in the microwave for few minutes. Then requested my hubby to  off the gas stove as potato will take sometime to cook. I can by the time finish my morning walk and be back home. 

Yes I just enjoy communicating with my readers. I feel you are there to motivate, encourage and inspire me to write. Thank you folks.








Sabudhana Khichdi (Its called Khichdi but made like upma!)

Ingredeints

Sabhudhana - 250 gms 

3 Potatoes 

1 medium sized onion

peanut - a handful (roast till you can remove the skin)

green chilly -2

ginger - a small piece

salt as required

lemon juice - 1/2 lime ( extract the juice)

For the tadka

Sunflower oil/gingly oil/ghee - 2 tbsp
jeera - 1/2 tsp

Method 

* Soak sabudana in just enough water for about half an hour or you can soak it overnight, but remember just enough water for the soaking.

* The sabudana pearls will be completely become it's full size and turn into snow white colour. There won't be any excess water to remove. You can use a spatula to just mix it 

*You can either pressure cook potatoes for two whistles or  microwave it for 8 minutes after, peeling, cutting into small pieces with water. 

* Roast peanuts and remove skin. Gently crush peanut.

*Peel and cut onion into very small pieces.

*Chop green chilies and ginger
wash and chop coriander leaves

* In a heated pan add ghee and jeera, allow jeera to splutter. 

* Now add chopped onion, green chili and ginger. Cook it till onion is slightly golden brown, saute for a while now add boiled, cubed potatoes.

*Allow potato to become little brownish in colour.

* Now add sabudhana pearls add salt and mix well, add crushed roasted peanut and mix gently.


* Now add chopped coriander leaves.

* Once the sabudhana khichi is little warm add lemon juice and mix well. 

*Serve with pickle, green coriander chutney.

I like to eat it like that its very yummy!



Sabudana Vada

Make sabudana kichidi following the above recipe. add two spoonful of molagai podi and two tsp of besan. Knead a make into a soft dough. Divide into 12 portions and roll into small balls. Press in your palm and make small vadas. Place a non stick dosa tawa, sprinkle little gingly oil and heat the tawa. Carefully place the prepared sabudana vadas in the tawa. Allow it to roast in very slow flame, turn the vada till golden brown. Enjoy crispy sabudana vada with freshly prepared dhaniya chutney.










No comments:

Post a Comment