Friday 21 March 2014

Avakkai



Today I went to Jayanagar market. Its a beautiful afternoon, the cherry blossom trees are in full bloom. The lovely flowers were falling on passerby. Its such a bliss to have trees near market place in Bangalore. 

Got fresh avakkai mangoes. The seller was kind enough to cut the mango. A job done I thought to myself! 

Let me share with you avakkai recpe.


Avakkai Recipe

Ingredients

Avakkai mango cut into pieces - 2 kg
Rock salt - 250 gms
Turmeric powder - 3 tbsp
Mustard powder - 200 gm (halved)
Red chilli powder - 100 gm
Gingly oil - 100 ml

Method of preparation

In a large bowl put the cut mango pieces add salt, turmeric powder mix well. Add mustard powder, red chilli powder and toss. Now pour gingly oil and again toss. Allow the avakkai to blend in all spices. Tomorrow I will bottle it. 

Chefs tip : you can add soaked Channa or methi seeds. (Optional)

How do you make avakkai?


No comments:

Post a Comment