Monday 16 November 2020

Kitchen garden

Having a small kitchen garden and waiting for the flowers bloom and polinate,turn into fruits and vegetables is such a relaxing and interesting activity/hobby. 


I have learnt the basics of taking care of trees, plants, herbs and shurbs by observing my dad.


It's was not less than a school project, learning to take care of the tiny saplings, preparing soil, adding manure, watering the plants, pruning and collecting dry leaves and flowers for home compost.


Once I succeed in making home compost with dry flowers and fallen leaves, I started kitchen waste compost.


Adding egg shells, tea coffee residue and carefully separate seeds from vegetables and fruits and collect peels. Adding a handful of cocopeat in between to make sure there is balance between green and brown things!



By the way I got a compost three pots from our neighbour who donated the same. I was glad I could create more compost with it and adopted!


Last Sunday our gardeners rearranged the grow bags and pots, we did a bit of repotting, trimming and planted a bunch of plants into small to big sized grow bags.


The little effort we take give us satisfaction. Self sustainable and cooking from home grown greens and vegetables is a delight. 


What are your thoughts on having a kitchen garden? 

No comments:

Post a Comment