Monday 24 June 2019

Pesarattu with ragi

I have started adding millets to my regular cooking. Ragi is an easily available millet in Karnataka. Yesterday I have soaked ragi and other lentils to make pesarattu, instead of rice I have added a quarter cup of whole ragi to the lentils and grind it to a coarse batter.










Pesarattu with ragi

1/4 cup ragi
A handful of broken urad dal
and moong dal with skin.
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger chopped
A small bunch of coriander leaves
1/2 tsp Salt
A pinch of hing

Method

*Wash and soak ragi and lentils for 3 hours, I left it overnight as morning can be hectic when you want to make breakfast.

* Before making breakfast grind soaked ragi and lentils by adding green chillies, ginger and coriander leaves, salt and hing to a coarse paste.

*Place dosa tawa and thoroughly clean it, apply a little ghee or peanut oil, use a ladle, I prefer a little curved ones so that I can evenly spread the batter.

*Cook both sides till golden crispy brown.

*Serve with chutney, pickle, curd, jaggery, jackfruit jam. It tastes yum and I am sure you will enjoy making it as much as I enjoyed making.






1 comment: