Monday 17 December 2018

Vegetable and red rice poha


We make red rice poha sometimes, today I have made the delicious filling poha with red rice. Its yum.

I increase the quantity of vegetables and reduce rice flakes. These red rice flakes are bit more thicker, so I have added hot water to make them soft, and used a large strainer to remove excess water. 

Being winter we get fresh green peas, a liberal addition of green peas, makes the dish more attractive! 













Vegetable poha with yogurt. Enjoying the pure bliss of husband 's love.

I am recovering from a  knee pain. Which is my friend from teaching days!

Morning as usual he asked what's for breakfast?

A question which annoy many, but I am glad he loves his home cooked breakfast!

Well, after a few seconds silence I said, upma.

And he, "oh no" we will make poha.

Then he asked me to give the vegetables and I soaked poha. Kept it for draining.

And helped myself with a cup of coffee. Jumped around and reached the couch.

He patiently sat and chopped all vegetables, went to kitchen and silently cooked breakfast.

Finally garnish poha with chopped coriander leaves.

The smile on his face was more than enough for me to forget my pain!

***

Vegetable poha
Ingredients

Poha/flattened rice flakes 2 cups
Gently rinse in running water and leave it for draining.

Onion 1
Carrot 2
Peas a handful
Ginger a small piece
Green chillies 2
Beans a few
Coriander leaves a few
Cauliflower a few florets
Grated coconut 2 tablespoon
Turmeric powder a little
Hing a pinch
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1/2 tsp
Red chilli broken into halves 1
Boiled potato 1

Tips

I've used thick rice flakes, it absorb water and becomes fluffy.

Chop vegetables finely.

Vegetable poha
Method

*soak poha or gently rinse it in running water, leave it for draining excess water.

*wash peel and chop all vegetables into thin pieces.

*peel off boiled potato and cut into small pieces.

*In a heated pan pour oil add mustard seeds, urad dal and broken red chilli pieces.

*Add chopped vegetables, onion, ginger, green chillies, saute for a while. Add rest of the vegetables. Mix well. Once vegetables turned tender add boiled potato. Mix in.

*Now add fluffy poha, turmeric powder, salt and hing. Gently toss, pour a little ghee.

*Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves. Serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment