Friday 18 May 2018

Palghat iyer samayal

My first e book on traditional palghat iyer recipes. Looking back down the memory line I feel happy and somewhat nostalgic about the compilation and writing the book. I used to feel many times recipes shared by our grandmothers kitchen tips and secrets to next generation was an easy transition. Though at times we never had any reference book. As you know grannies don't write it in diaries or kept the secrets as secrets!! It was all in the air you ask grandma will be happy to share it with you.

But then we children were interested to explore new cuisine, new tastes, new cultures slowly forgetting our traditional dishes and the nutritional value of a well cooked meal served on a banana leaf.

After a lot of brainstorming discussions with family, friends and my parents I thought of writing down one by one recipe which we cook at home. My husband loves simple home cooked food. Then an occasional visit to my grandmas home at Chennai and meeting some of the extraordinary chefs in our family, noting down the ingredients which add that extra zing to the dishes. My journey down the memory line was exciting, enriching and equally time consuming. But finally after a long time of whooping 3 years I finally finished writing my first e book! I have fond memories of my dad doing the editing of my book. Asking me to elaborate, edit and rewrite some of the unique combinations of the dishes probably his mom, my grandma has cooked.

I was thrilled when DC books came forward to publish my 150 recipe collection as an e book. Later I received a cheque for my share of royalty.

Palghat iyer samayal can be downloaded from any of these sites where DC books have tied up with. I am attaching a Google search results which show from where the e book can be downloaded.

Happy cooking!!

 
http://ebooks.dcbooks.com/palghat-iyer-samayal

No comments:

Post a Comment