Tuesday 6 July 2021

Peanuts, black chana sundal (Navratri special)

Yesterday I was in the kitchen, wondering what to make for breakfast.
I end up soaking whole moongdal for making pesarattu and then saw raw peanuts asking for some attention.

In fact I have already soaked black chana for pani puri,so a cup of cooked black chana was readily available for me in the morning.

I thought of making sundal for my daughter's breakfast. She loves tasty yet delicious food as breakfast.

So there you go, a cup of raw peanuts were soaked and I left the kitchen. Back to my writing and web series.

Morning I washed the peanuts and added more water, a little salt, enough water to soak the peanuts. Two whistles in the pressure cooker.

Well here is the recipe




Peanuts, black chana sundal

Ingredients

1 cup - Raw peanuts (soaked and cooked)

1/4 cup - black chana (soaked and cooked)

A few pieces of  tothapuri mango slices

1 red chili sliced

2 tsp of molagai podi

For tempering

1 tsp of peanut oil
1 tsp of mustard seeds
1/2 tsp of urad dal
2 dry red chili cut into halves
A pinch of heeng
A few springs of curry leaves

Method

* Wash, soak black chana and peanuts overnight, cook with salt and just enough water to cook in the pressure cooker for two whistles. Cool down, remove excess water. Keep aside.

* In a heated pan pour peanut oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, let the mustard seeds splutter. Add broken dry red chili, heeng once it release aroma,add cooked black chana and peanuts. Mix well.

* Since we have added salt in peanuts and black chana, we are not further adding salt.

* Add curry leaves, chopped red chili and chopped mango for that extra zing in the sundal add two teaspoons of molagai podi. Mix well and serve.

Notes

Adding molagai podi gives a special flavour and texture to the sundal.

You can add grated or chopped coconut if you wish alongwith mango.







2 comments:

  1. Hey Jayanthi, love your recipes and I always try different recipes from your blog. May I know what is molagai podi please?

    ReplyDelete