Tuesday 13 April 2021

Avarakalu crepe (hyacinth beans crepe)

I am very fond of these tiny pretty seeds, which has a unique flavour and aroma.



Many non Kannadiga people may find it not so interesting. But for me it's one of the most flavourful seed, fresh beans procured from the avarakkai (hyacinth beans)

I

Today I tried to make crepe with the ground paste of avarakalu seeds and they were absolutely yummy!

Here is recipe that I created for this dish.

Avarakkai/avarakalu crepe

Ingredients

250 grams fresh hyacinth/avarakkai beans

2 green chilies

1 inch grated ginger

Salt as required

A pinch of heeng

2: tablespoon Peanut oil/ghee


Method

* Wash and place avarakalu in mixer jar, add green chilies,ginger, salt and heeng. Grind to a coarse paste. Pour the batter into a bowl,add water if required.

*Heat a pan, spread oil/ghee, once the pan is medium heat, pour a ladalful of batter. Spread according to your choice of thickness. I like it little thick like pancakes. 


*Close the pan/tawa with a lid. Allow the crepe to cook well, remove the lid, pour ghee, flip and cook until done.


*Serve with green chutney, sambar and podi. I am sure you are going to love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment