Wednesday 10 October 2018

White peas, coconut and mango (Thenga Manga Pattani sundal)

Navaratri brings positive vibration to our lives. During these 9 nights we offer different varieties of food and sweets.

Inviting friends, meeting cousins and other family members. Its an occasion we get to see innovative ways in which each home get decorated. In South we arrange dolls. I  usually come up with some ideas where my daughter can also chip in with her art work and creativity.

Its a celebration of womanhood by offering haldi kumkum and other eco friendly gifts to friends. For me its a time I catch up with my old friends and we most of the time end up admiring each others creativity and learn something new about our culture. Oh I have friends from different walks of life and many are from different parts of the country. Thus learning is a great experience. I love to visit Durga puja celebeated by Bengali friends, a group of us will hop from one to another, enjoying the festivities with luchi-aloo, sandesh and roshogullas. We end up share a plate amongst us.

By the way its the time our traditional beautiful sarees will come out of wardrobes!! Each one of us looking gorgeous!

Sharing with you a navrathri dish prepared as prasadam. Happy Navaratri.💞💕

https://jayanthisindianrecipes.blogspot.com/2016/10/white-peas-sundalthenga-manga-pattani.html?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment